Tuesday, December 31, 2013

5-Star Books 2013

Here is a listing of the books that I read in 2013 that received a 5-star rating from me. I have not put them in any particular order. Most of them were not released in 2013; in fact, only one of them was, so far as I can recall (and it's New Year's Eve day - I'm too lazy to look it up). There's a preponderance of graphic novels which probably means: 1) I like graphic novels, 2) I am so busy with other projects that I don't have enough time to read too many full-length novels, or 3) I write, but am not a great artist, and am in awe of what artists can do. Probably "all of the above". In any case, these were my favorite reads this past year. I've provided links to each review so you can get more details on each one. Of course, you can probably guess what my favorite novel of 2014 will be . . .

  1. Codex Seraphinianus, Luigi Serafini.
  2. A Clockwork Orange, Anthony Burgess.
  3. Fatale, Vol. 2: The Devil's Business, Ed Brubaker.
  4. Mars Attacks, Len Brown.
  5. The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald.
  6. The Manhattan Projects, Vol. 1: Science, Bad, Jonathan Hickman.
  7. Cinema Panopticum, Thomas Ott.
  8. A Stranger in Olondria, Sofia Samatar.
  9. The Manhattan Projects, Vol. 2: They Rule, Jonathan Hickman.
  10. Moby Dick, Herman Melville.
  11. Prophet Volume 1: Remission, Brandon S. Graham.
  12. Roadside Picnic, Arkady and Boris Strugatsky.
And there you have it. Here's to a  great 2014 spent discovering new authors, new characters, and new adventures! Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment